SMART Recovery is the leading self-empowering addiction recovery support group. This treatment program helps people to learn tools for addiction recovery based on the latest scientific research.
SMART Recovery is a recognized resource for substance abuse and addiction recovery by the American Academy of Family Physicians, the Center for Health Care Evaluation, The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), US Department of Health and Human Services, and the American Society of Addiction Medicine.
Members are able to participate in a world-wide community with self-empowering, science-based mutual help groups through daily online meetings. They have access to an online message board and 24/7 chat room with forums to learn about SMART Recovery, as well as support to help with maintaining their sobriety on a daily basis. This is not only an on-lined based program, SMART Recovery sponsors offer face-to-face meetings around the world to members in need of help.
The SMART Recovery Approach
- Teaching members self-empowerment and self-reliance.
- Meetings are educational, supportive and include open discussions.
- Guides and encourages throughout the recovery process and to begin living more satisfying lives.
- Helps members develop techniques for self-directed change.
- Supports the scientifically informed use of psychological treatments and legally prescribed psychiatric and addiction medication.
- Substance abuse, alcohol abuse, addiction and drug abuse are recognized as complex maladaptive behaviors with possible physiological factors.
- This program is forever evolving as scientific knowledge in addiction recovery evolves.